It’s a very difficult subject and I don’t have all the answers to this but I do think that there are some key patterns between people being alone and reasons behind this.
1) Being alone can make you feel desperate to meet someone and this can sometimes become obvious to the other person. You find yourself wanting a relationship, maybe you are so lonely it becomes obvious that you really want to meet someone. Tip: Don’t let anyone know how much you want the relationship as it will scare them away for sure, be keen but not too keen!
2) Being too picky! Perhaps you have a tick list and “type” and its a bad sign if you are not flexible at all with this list that you have! It’s good to be q at meeting people outside of your type and being flexible will help you meet more potential partners. Being picky make may you have missed out on a really good potential person. Perhaps give that person a chance and think outside of the box! Beats loneliness!
3) Selfishness – As bad as it sounds it you do become a bit more selfish once you have been alone for quite some time. You need to try to put the other person before yourself and your aim of getting into a relationship. Caring for a person more than yourself helps someone fall in love with you.
4) Getting out there more – If you go to the same places and don’t get out much then you are unlikely to meet your future partner! You need to get out more and try new places! You need to stay proactive and try new things!
5) Be positive, negativity won’t attract a potential partner in the future so try to stay upbeat when you are meeting new people. Try and be positive!