This week I decided to get my nails done, so I popped into the shop and there was a middle-ages women sat there looking a bit depressed. I have to say she did a fab job with my nails but in return I gave her some dating advice.
- She has become bored after 13 years of marriage, they have changed and have discovered they have different interests
- They wouldn’t be together if they were not both afraid of being alone and were afraid of rejection
- She no longer feels good about herself maybe that is the issue
- Things were once good and everyone told her she was so lucky to have him, but now she’s not keen
- She never attempts to do things he is interested in they just have different interests
What I think has happened
- Overtime your relationship changes, you change you have to know this is normal within a relationship
- Perhaps the relationship have evolved and they need to accept that they are on a new phase of friendship and companionship ( friendship)
- They need to be flexible to try to do more things together, if this doesn’t happen your relationship will never evolve
- You need to try spending 30 mins a day together at breakfast or dinner this will help you ( during this time no devices just talking)
- Communicate how you feel be honest and even seek help outside of the home together
- Don’t blame your partner it always take two – what should you change? focus on that!
- Do you feel good about you and who you are? important to be happy and focus on this before you get into any relationship
- Do a sport together, dance … think of a way to spend one day a week together ( quality time)