1. You can’t imagine life without him
No matter what life throws at you, where you go, or jobs you take, you know that you’ll want to do it with him by your side.
2. You feel totally yourself around him
You realise one day that you feel completely comfortable around him. Not just no make up and leaving the bathroom door open, but that you don’t have to hide your feelings or thoughts. There are no games (except in the bedroom, which leads to…)
3. Your sexual expectations match
Everyone is different and every relationship goes through natural ebbs and flows, but the match that is a keeper is where sexual needs are balanced.
4. Silence is not terrifying
Sometimes it is nice to be peaceful; together. You know when you’re in the right relationship when you can spend a multi hour journey together and the
4. You go out more together than alone with friends
Sometimes it’s not a good sign if you prefer your mates company to their company, you want to go out to party together with friends and share friends.
5. You have fun hanging out together
He’s not just your lover, he makes you laugh like no other.
6. You want to support his interests and want him to succeed
You don’t have to do it (or watch it) yourself to be supportive. When you genuinely want him to spend time pursuing his interests, you know that you’re compatible.
7. In return, he supports and encourages you to be the best you can
And he allows you to be an individual within the relationship. There’s no dependency from either of you, only support.
8. He is your best friend
He is your best friend and no topic is off-limits with that person!
9. You still fancy him as much as the day you met him
And you don’t think about your ex. Or any of your exes.
10. You talk all the time or can talk to each other about anything
Exciting news, or a story to share, we all have someone who is our default option. In a great relationship, this is him. This doesn’t mean to the exclusion of all others, just that he’s top of the list.
11. You get each other somethings are similar and each others differences are complimentary
You want to do similar things together and are different enough to help each other. Those differences cannot be too different otherwise you are in trouble!
12. Family background should match
You don’t have to be exactly the same but you should match up in certain ways otherwise it can be stressful